Welcome to Ohio Bar Title Insurance Company
Ohio Bar Title Insurance Company (“Ohio Bar Title” or the “Company”) is the largest domestic title insurance company in the state of Ohio. The Company traces its roots back to 1955 when operations began in Dayton. Since then, the headquarters have moved to Columbus (1986) and operations have expanded into Kentucky, Indiana and Pennsylvania.
Why CHOOSE Ohio Bar Title?
- Longevity. Operating since 1955, Ohio Bar Title is the largest domestic title company in Ohio. As such, we are pleased to have played an integral part in the title insurance industry and the legal community. In fact, we were founded by the Ohio State Bar Foundation.
- Focus on legal profession. We believe we are a title insurance company that the practicing bar is proud to associate with, and we conduct our day-to-day operations with that distinction in mind. We bring outstanding underwriting and marketing services to our agents, most of whom are attorneys. Today, Ohio Bar Title serves more than 350 agents in Ohio, and parts of Kentucky and Indiana and we have a division, Penn Attorneys, which operates in Pennsylvania with a network of approved attorneys.
- Financial stability. Ohio Bar Title has consistently maintained a strong Demotech Financial Stability Rating. See www.demotech.com for the current financial stability rating. Ohio Bar Title has consistently been ranked in the top ten in the state among title underwriters in market share. Its parent company, First American Title Insurance Company, is consistently ranked in the top three. Ohio Bar Title is the only domestic title insurance company in the top ten.
- Large company perks with small company approach. Being a First American Company, Ohio Bar Title has the best of both worlds: As part of the First American family, we are backed by the financial strength and resources of an industry leader, yet, at the same time, our attorney-agents enjoy the niche services that Ohio Bar Title can provide.
- Low minimums. Ohio Bar Title offers extremely low “minimums” to our agents. We understand that many attorneys who sell title insurance do so as a complement to a well-rounded law practice.
At Your Service
Dayna PatrickVP / Agency Representative
Ohio Bar Title